Wednesday, May 29, 2013

A Great People with a Great Future

When you consider the tremendous challenges that many people are going through right now in the world it can be difficult to see beyond the pain.  In light of the recent tornado destruction in Oklahoma, Kansas and other places it almost seems insensitive to give encouragement. I don't know about you but when I compare my challenges and difficult times to what other people are experiencing it convicts me and brings me to a point of personal introspection. When I begin to give thought to how big God is, I am quickly reminded that I don't even register on the "how important do you think you are" scale!! However, in all of my thought and pondering of how does all of this fit into God's master plan, I read Jeremiah 29:11 and rediscover that I do register on God's "how important do you think you are" scale. When I read where God says...."I know the plans that I have for you, plans for success and not for failure, plans to give you a future and a hope".......I am renewed in my hope for a better day.

Whatever your challenge, pain, disappointment or struggle please know that you are important to God. Please know that you are part of a Great People with a Great Future. In Joshua chapter one God spoke a specific word to his Great People of His plan for their future. He gave them a specific word of "preparation" and "action", it was their time to cross over and take possess of their future. It just might be your time to go ahead and let go of the things that keep you bound to fear and doubt.

  In Numbers chapter 13, after 40 days of spying out the land God had promised, the people doubted and became afraid.  They ended up wondering in the wilderness 1 year for every day they doubted, thus missing out on God's Great Plan!!! (Please read Numbers chapters 13&14 and see the effects of dwelling on your condition rather than your position.)

I just want to remind you today that you are part of a Great People with a Great Future.
I love the Hope and Call to Action that is found in Isaiah chapter 60:1-3...."Arise, shine; for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen upon you. For behold, darkness will cover the earth, and deep darkness the peoples; but the Lord will rise upon you, and His glory will appear upon you. And nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising".  

So, even in a time of destruction, darkness and devastating loss allow God's light to shine through you so others can see the way back to their future!!!!

Blessings,

Terry Baker

No comments:

Post a Comment